Thursday, December 16, 2010

Congrats Neil!


Neil Diamond has entered the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!! Turn on your heartlight, Neil! Congratulations.

Oh, good ol' Brooklyn boy Neil. I was first introduced to him by my college girlfriend...I initially thought it was ridiculous that she liked him and thought it was some kind of joke. To be true, liking Neil Diamond always has a sort of knowing glance to it. Many of his songs are oh-so-precious. But you can't hold a good performer down, and Neil's one of the greats. I was quickly a convert.


The only time I saw him live was early in the morning at Rockefeller Center for the Today Show. Maybe not the greatest example of a show, but I'll take what I can get. His greatest album is Hot August Night, which ends with a raucous sermon, screaming and spitting at the top of his lungs.

Tonight I drink a toast of cracklin' rosie wine to the Diamond.

No comments: