Monday, December 21, 2009

Let's Talk Cereal

On to a lighter topic.....let's talk cereally folks.

There's a problem with organic cereal that a lot of people don't talk about. The thing people usually complain about is their small packaging and expensive price tag. But there's another, more nagging problem that I've discovered. You can't properly open them!!!


I bought this organic cereal the other day, you know, to try and be healthy or whatever...but I could not open it! I attempted to pry open the top, but it would not budge. The glue was too strong! I wound up tearing the flap. Then, the plastic bag inside was even more of a brute. The seal was glued so tightly that I wound up tearing the thing into shreds. Now I get reminded of my frustration every time I try to pour the cereal into a bowl and it goes all over the place. This is not the way I want to start my day. Just look at the pics below!

Bad organic cereal packaging..

Now, compare to your average Kellogg's brand. No problem. Just flip open the top, tear an even, small opening into the plastic and yummy breakfast is yours for the taking! Health is not just what you put into your stomach. The mind must also be a healthy place and the stress of opening a faulty cereal box at the start of one's day is not a risk worth taking in my opinion.

Now that's what I call breakfast!

No comments: