Sunday, August 26, 2012

Classic Candies

I love the classic candies.  Bit-O-Honey, Mary Janes, Toffees, Malt Balls, Licorice, etc.  Every Christmas I buy a tin and fill it with them to snack on while hanging with the family.  Sticks to your teeth, but I love it.  When I went to my friend's wedding in Waynesville, NC I came upon a general store whose entire basement was filled with barrels of candy.  A dream come true.  I stocked up for sure and bought smarties for all the groomsmen (but in the wedding-jitters-madness forgot to hand them out!).  It's a good thing I don't live anywhere near this store otherwise all my teeth would fall out!
I never had much of a sweet-tooth growing up and didn't start getting into sugary things until my 30's.  I'm picky for sure, so I don't eat too much, and I temper it with the healthy stuff of course.  But candy is a fun diversion from my usual constitution. 

No comments: