Monday, August 13, 2012

So Destroyed




It is not my intention to use this blog as a promotional platform for local or contemporary musical artists, but I have to share this song because it is simply killing me with pleasure.  Prince Rama's track, So Destroyed (as told through the fictional band, Rage Peace), is such a ground-breaking step forward for them, it really excites me.  I first saw them last year open up for Indian Jewelry, and have been charting their course since.  A fan of their live performances, I've never really gotten into their studio recordings....until this.  So Destroyed transcends beyond their eastern-influenced mysticism into a wholly unique and uplifting adjudication.
My favorite part of the song is about 1:35 into the track when the break down switches from C major into a G major chord....a simple change that gives me goosebumps.  I can't wait to see where this band takes us next.

No comments: